Are you a Software Engineer tired of working on the same-old product day-in-day-out? An opportunity with REPL means you get to work on a variety of products, all focused on bettering processes within Retail. As a consumer-led, ever-changing market, the retail industry demands innovative and inspiring tech solutions. REPL recognises this and it builds the foundation on which we work. We are committed to using new tech where appropriate, currently working with Big Data and Machine Learning and always aspiring to be as Agile as possible.
We’ve developed products that help employees manage their shifts from their mobile, to products that can forecast the number of for example, ice creams a big supermarket will sell this summer. We’re committed to providing progression opportunities for all of our employees, whether this is within your usual field or new openings across the business.
Our digital team take up the whole of our middle floor here at our head office in Henley-in-Arden. Here you’ll find developers across Java, .Net, Web and Mobile, Testers, Product Owners and UX/ UI Designers. Help yourself to our fizzy drinks, fruit and toast in the morning and why not have your meeting over a game of pool?
We are looking for an experienced service developer to develop and support our Azure hosted RESTful services platform. You need to be a remarkable software developer, with excellent problem-solving and communication skills. As a team player, you’ll fit straight into our open, collaborative, egoless working environment. As an equal opportunity employer we recognise the value of an inclusive workforce and particularly encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Required skills / experience:
- Commercial experience developing RESTful services. Must have a concrete understanding of restful principles.
- Excellent knowledge of service development using the .net framework
- Uses good software practices (e.g TDD, mocking) on a daily basis.
- Excellent knowledge of C# and strong understanding of OO development, patterns and practices
- Database design and development (e.g. SQL)
- Comfortable taking responsibility for building and testing features that will be delivered to end users
- Analytical thinking, good decision making skills
- The ability to analyse and debug existing code in terms of functionality and performance
- The ability to communicate effectively both inside and outside of the technical team
- The ability to quickly learn and adjust to new technologies and processes
- The ability to deliver clear, concise, well-structured code that adheres to commercial standards
You will also have some experience of, or a desire to learn about the following:
- A working understanding of Agile software development practices eg. Scrum, KanBan, XP
- Has had experience in scaling services.
- Microsoft Entity framework
- Working with Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Web API or ASP.Net
- Modern software development practices eg. TDD, BDD, Pairing
- CI and build tools eg. Jenkins, Bamboo, MSBuild
- Version control solutions eg. Git, Mercurial
- Databricks, Machine Learning and Spark
Bring your passion, curiosity, talent and innovative ideas and we will give you an environment full of challenge to flourish in.